Monday, June 20, 2022

Planting trees on Te Ara o Ngāhere.

Last Wednesday we had a group of parents and adults who helped Room 3 plant trees to restore the banks and bush of Te Ara o Ngahere and Pūtikitiki. Here are some photos and writing reflections:

I dug two holes and two trees.

By Hunter.


It was hard to dig the hole.

By Aroosh.


I planted trees and they will grow.

By Emily-Rose.


I dug a hole.

By Zakkaiah.

This is the tree. This is Courtney helping me dig the hole.

By Rumeysa.


I plant trees.

By Maria.


The Sunshine Queen.

By Azaan.

I like planting trees.

By Ally.

I like planting trees.

By Ihaia.

I was having fun.

By David.

When we were gardening, I found a worm.

By Asena.


I was planting trees.

By Susifina.

Fergus and I were planting trees.

By Selby.

I was having fun planting and digging. It was hard work.

By Henry.

Why do the plants not grow when it is snowing? 

By Lorenzo.

I plant lots and lots of Kōwhai trees.

By Margot.

I love planting trees on Pūtikitiki.

By Bayan.

I am watching the kids plant trees.

By Fergus.


Ngā mihi nui to all our helpers for their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Manu tukutuku: Kite-designing for Pūtaiao

As part of our Material World unit this week we designed kites. We have been investigating and exploring what different materials and fibres...